5.03.2012

The 3 B's

Yesterday you slept in, which really was a beautiful thing, but the late start to the day through us for a little loop. The two of us live for a solid routine and by the time you got up I had already missed my workout and you had slept right through your first nap. So, I decided that it was a stay in my pjs kind of day for me and a stay out of clothes kind of day for you. As relaxing as it was, by noon you started to get a little stir crazy so we headed out back to get some fresh air. 
You spent the time looking at absolutely everything. It's amazing to watch you watch the world. You showed the same curiosity and amusement in the bubbles I was blowing as you did the trees blowing in the wind. I think watching Bella chase, well everything, was your favorite source of entertainment though. 
Since having you, I get asked, "What's your favorite thing about being a mom?" a lot. I never really have a good answer because honestly it's all kind of my favorite. But yesterday I decided that discovering things through your eyes is my favorite, at least for now. I love how new and exciting the world seems when we're out in it together. I love how bubbles, a bumbo chair, and Bella can provide hours of entertainment. But mostly, I love how we can have a fun filled day without leaving our house or even getting dressed. If that doesn't make it all worth it, then I don't know what will.