8.12.2012

Visiting Virginia (By Dad)

So we just got back from visiting your grandmother in Virginia and what a trip it was. I know your mother already wrote about your chicken pox experience and it was rough on everybody. The worst part about it was how miserable you seemed, you were clearly not feeling well and there was nothing we could really do about it other than try to comfort you.  I've decided that is the hardest part of being a parent, the watching your child suffer thing. Not fun at all.

Other than the chicken pox, it was a big couple weeks for you. You started sort of crawling, you learned to roll a ball, you started trying to walk. It has been so cool to see you start to figure out things and to see how proud of yourself you are when you figure something out. I cannot believe how proud I am of you when you figure something out, even if it's something simple like clapping.


There was one thing that happened while we were in Virginia that particularly melted my heart. While we were up there, your Aunt Keisha came up to visit too with all your cousins. Your mom was feeding you and Cy got upset about something and started crying so you started crying too. You wouldn't stop crying until your mom showed you that your cousin had stopped crying and that she was fine. She made the comment that you always cry when you hear other babies crying. I didn't know that about you but it completely made me fall even more in love with you to know that you get upset for the other babies and that you don't calm down until you know they're ok. You are the sweetest little baby ever.


Noelle, I know I don't write on this that often but I want you to know that I love having you in my life and I love getting to watch you grow up and learn about the world and most of all I love you.