7.29.2014

Just a Quick Update (By Dad)



You kids are growing up so fast these days, it's ridiculous. Lincoln, you are getting so big. You're starting to learn some words and you have the biggest smile. You think you are so funny. You are always cracking yourself up. You love bubbles and anything your sister is doing. You really enjoy doing ABCs on the iPad and you are the cutest, sweetest little boy. You can say basketball, and obviously, that is something I am very proud of. Now if I can just get you saying Star Wars, it'll be a good day.

Noelle, you are obsessed with a few cartoons right now, although it seems to change every week or two. You watch Sheriff Callie, My Little Pony, Minnierella, Barney at the Zoo, and Paw Patrol. You and Lincoln both love the Let it Go song from Frozen. You are always singing it and wanting to listen to it or watch it on YouTube. You love dancing and are always wanting me to dance with you. The other night, we were dancing and you started singing the song from Minnierella where she and Mickey dance and it was adorable. I couldn't understand the words except for you kept singing "You and me" over and over. Seriously, melted my heart.

You kids are getting to be such good buddies and you are always playing together and giving each other hugs and kisses. Lincoln, you love it when I chase you around the house and Noelle, you love to play hide and seek with me. You also love chasing me around the house. Both of you like pushing me over, you both think it's so funny. And i can't play with one of you without playing with the other. It doesn' matter what either of you is up to, if you see me playing with the other one, you run over and want a turn. It can be exhausting at times, but is so much fun.

Your mom takes you out several times a week and you always come in to the office to tell me about it when you get back. Well Noelle tells me about it, Lincoln you usually just come in and try to climb on everything. It's so fun though to hear about what excited you the most that day. A week or two ago, your mom took you to a children's science museum and when you came back, you wanted to tell me all about the orange bug you saw outside the museum. You still talk about it. You will ask mom to take you to look for the orange bug. Today you all went to Seaworld and you came back all excited to tell me about the penguins and the turtles, but the shark and the crab were scary. Also, you've started bringing me flowers when you come back. They're always just these little random things that you picked somewhere, but I love getting them from you. It's the sweetest thing. I keep them until they dry out and then you notice I don't have it anymore and you'll be all like, "I'll get you a new one."

I love you guys so much. The two of you and your mom are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You all bring so much joy to my life. And we're having another baby! It should be good. Noelle, you are excited about it, although you vacillate between wanting a brother or a sister. Lincoln, I don't think you know another baby is coming yet, but I'm sure you'll be excited too. The way you guys look out for each other and try to help each other lets me know you'll be great older siblings to the new baby too.